The Secondary School covers Grades 9 to 12 (Level I through Level IV)
The university-bound academic Curriculum at the Secondary Panel strives to create a well-rounded learner by promoting a well-balanced integrated pedagogy in the fields of Arts, Sciences and Information Technology. Built upon the foundations of the provincial Ministry of Education Guidelines in conjunction with the requirements of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (IB-MYP) in Levels I & II and those of the Advanced Placement (AP) at the Levels III & IV, La Citadelle secondary school curriculum is supported by a wide range of services, resources and technologies specifically put in place to allow the senior students to achieve mastery learning and a high academic standing leading to their indubitable acceptance in the most prominent universities in Canada and around the world.
At La Citadelle, courses at the secondary level provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to meet all entrance requirements for university study. Emphasizing theoretical aspects of the course content with supporting applications, our academic curriculum courses focus on the development of independent research skills and independent learning skills. Successful completion of these courses are required by Canadian Universities and the enriched academic nature of our program provides La Citadelle students seeking to apply abroad (such as in Europe or the United States) with necessary equivalency requirements.
Offered courses at the Secondary Division are fundamentally university preparation courses:
- Communication and languages (English, French, Mandarin & Spanish)
- Pure and Applied Sciences (Mathematics, Sciences, Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
- Canadian and World Studies (Civics, Canadian & International History & Geography)
- Computer Studies, Business Studies and Information Technology
- Visual, Dramatic and Media Arts, Music (Band) and Computer Music
- Health and Physical Education
- Guidance, Method of Study and Career Education
- Economics, Journalism & Yearbook Development