Enrolment at La Citadelle is contingent upon space availability and all new applicants will be placed in priority sequence based on the date of submission of the completed application package.
New applications for siblings of currently attending La Citadelle students and/or prospective applicants referred by existing La Citadelle Families will be given priority in terms of space availability.
We are pleased to also advise that families interested in the 2023-2024 academic year, that pre-registration is currently open, and as such they may initiate the application for admission process in order to reserve their child(ren) space(s).
Step 1 / Submission of Application Package
An Application for Admission Form must be completed, signed and submitted to the attention of The Admissions Department along with the following documents for each applicant:
- Copy of applicant’s proof of age, name and status in Canada (passport, birth certificate or student Visa)
- Completed Health Form
- Copy of Health Card and Immunization Record
- Copy of the 2 most recent Report Cards, one of which must reflect the most recent end of year
- Copy of Transcript (Secondary School Applicants only)
- Current Photo (headshot only)
- Referral Letter (optional. If required, referral must be confidentially submitted by referee and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SSAT score and SSAT Character Skills Snapshot (may be required for students applying to Grades 4 to 12).
Apply directly with SSAT at www.ssat.org and indicate that results be submitted directly to La Citadelle, School ID: 826138.
- English Proficiency Testing results (one of: TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, PTE Academic, OPI/OPIc – For International Applicants only)
- Application Fee $200.00
La Citadelle Admissions Department
36 Scarsdale Road
North York, Ontario
Step 2 / Assessments & Interviews *
Once completed application packages are received, students from Grades 4 to Level IV will be required to complete a diagnostic assessments in:
- Français, Mathématiques & English for students applying from french immersion and/or french language schools;
- English & Mathematics for students applying from English language schools.
All assessments will take place on assigned Saturdays throughout the school year and will occur in person.
The Admissions Department reserves the right to request referrals from all applicants and may require additional testing and/or interviews to better assess their academic potential.
At La Citadelle, all senior students applying to our Grade 8 Reach ahead program and/or Level I to Level IV secondary panel, will be required to complete online interviews with key faculty members. These interviews will be scheduled upon the completion of the assessments and will be scheduled by the admission department with each student and their families at a mutually agreed time.
*For international applicants, assessments and interviews will be scheduled individually at a mutually agreeable time and in consideration of the applicants’ current time zone.
Step 3 / Admission
The decision will be communicated to the parents, via email and letter.
Step 4 / Enrolment
Spaces for Admitted Students will be held until the deadline date provided in the Letter of Admission. To secure enrolment, the signed Registration Form along with the Admission Fee, must be received by this date
La Citadelle reserves the right to request a meeting with enrolled Daycare (Preparatory Kindergarten and/or Pre-Kindergarten) students accompanied by their parents prior to their commencement date.
For further inquiries, please contact the Admissions Department at email@example.com