La Citadelle Math Club’s main objective is to provide enrichment opportunities for students who have a strong interest and ability in Mathematics in the upper grades and to prepare them to participate in various National Math Olympics and Contests.
Over the years, La Citadelle’s Grade 8 to Level IV students were registered to participate in a variety of major math competitions, such as the Canadian National Mathematics League Competitions and the Canadian Mathematics Competitions (CMC), organized by the University of Waterloo‘s Faculty of Mathematics, competing with students from over 120 schools across Canada.
For the Canadian Mathematics Competitions (CMC) organized the University of Waterloo’s Faculty of Mathematics:
La Citadelle’s Winners for 2017 include:
- The School Champion for the Fermat Mathematics Contest – Level III – Kevin W.
- The School Champion for the Cayley Mathematics Contest – Level II – Cailan B.
- The School Champion for the Pascal Mathematics Contest – Level I – Hasan D.
- The School Champion for the Gauss Mathematics Contest – Grade 8 – James L.
- The School Champion for the Gauss Mathematics Contest – Grade 7 – Ramtin R.